At SAI, we are committed to providing a safe and healthful work environment to our employees. Our comprehensive safety program encompasses all areas of work we are involved in, and we firmly believe that an incident-free operation can be achieved by strict evaluation and review to safety policies, practices, and training. SAI focuses heavily on employee safety training, hazard recognition, responsibility and accountability. By providing frequent and rigorous training to our employees, we are able to ensure a safe work environment as evidenced by our exemplary safety record.
SAI continues to be a member of leading safety agencies such as National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE), National Safety Council (NSC), and American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP).
SAI ensures all employees are properly trained in all aspects of the job, whether it be in our wireless, energy, or construction group. Our safety training program outline includes the following:
- Weekly safety meetings for all field crews
- Bi-weekly safety meetings for Construction Managers
- New hire safety orientation
- Periodic site safety inspections
- Documented daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA) forms
- Additional documented safety forms including site specific safety plans, as well as harness, vehicle and equipment operation inspections
- OSHA 10/30 certified employees by in-house OSHA Authorized Trainer
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified employees by in-house instructor
- Tower climber rescue trained employees by in-house Gravitec certified trainer
- RF Awareness certified employees
- NWSA-TTT certified climbers
- Aerial Work Platforms Operator certified employees
- Rigger/Signalperson certified employees
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash certified employees
- Additional training including but not limited to: trenching/excavation, confined space, PPE, fall protection, ladders/stairways, scaffolds, concrete and masonry, asbestos/silica/lead, environmental safety, hand and power tools, general public safeguarding, etc.